Monday, December 1, 2008

Bama what??

This is painful to talk about, but I have to get it out...

I have an Alabama sticker on my car! Yes, you read it right. I made a bet with a friend of my before the Auburn/Alabama game. If Auburn won she was going to have to wear my Auburn t-shirt from Sunday to Tuesday. If AL won... well, they did... so, she came and put an Bama sticker OVER my Auburn sticker on the back of my car. For 2 weeks... UUGGGGHHHH!! What was I thinking having some sort of faith in my team. Even though there is crimson and white on my car I am still an Auburn fan through and through. War Eagle.

As I was thinking about putting those awful colors on my car today and I got motivated to do something outside. In my fury I blew the leaves for 2 1/2 hours! Who knew there were so many leaves in a yard. But, it looks glorious... until tomorrow. When I was placing the leaves in the trash bags I had a moment of spiritual clarity and began praying about the leaves. No, I am not crazy, God just speaks to me in small ways because it is the only way that my finite mind can comprehend his magnitude. I was imagining that the leaves were my sin; my shortcomings; my pride; my downfalls; my inability to understand who He is. Each scoop of leaves was a way to realize that my stuff is in the trash. As much as Satan wants me to hold on and keep my heart covered I need to continue to throw the leaves in the bag. Even though tomorrow they will show up again and stain the surface I will continue to repent, believe and fight. I'm thankful for the little things in life that give me clarity on cloudy and cold days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BAMA - YUCK!!!!!!!

LEAVES, very very cool and insightful!

Love, Mrs. Peabody.

Anonymous said...

I want a new post! I want a new post! I want a new post!!!!

Happy New Year, love Robeeeeeen

Hey, my brother is going to be a daddy! rosie's due in July. that was the big Christmas announcement....hooray!

Anonymous said...

Did I mention that I want a new post?