Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Under the Son

The past nine months have been drastically different from the first nine months after moving home from Las Vegas. A year and a half ago I came home to Birmingham, where I grew up, to find that I was not home at all. I was living in the house I grew up in, going to the church that I "belonged" to, and hanging out with friends, old and new. But, my heart was not here...I'm not sure that it was anywhere. I soon realized that coming back home meant coming back to issues that I left sitting on the coffee table with dusty covers and unopened pages. There in the open to see, yet passing by every day without even a glance.
I guess I would consider my time in Las Vegas a fertilizing stage. The soil was down, but I had just begun to soak into the depths of the earth and to take grasp of the roots that had been planted in me since my birth. Those two years were possibly my saving grace. God knew I needed a reprieve. The seeds were going to grow...it was just going to take a little time.
Last year the grass grew tall and the weeds needed to be pulled. But, through it all God remained my Abba, my Comforter, my Redeemer, my Restorer. I know that there are so many stories that I could sit here and write about to recall all that he has pulled me out of. But, I guess the best part is that I, weeping at his feet, lying under the Son, didn't even need to say a word and he forgave me. And still today, continues to forgive my wicked heart. I am humbled and love that He loves me.

"You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven--for she loved much.
Luke 7:46-47

1 comment:

Jason J said...

Ahhh, He is so much our Abba, our comforter, our redeemer and our restorer. He is faithful to complete the work that He has begun in our lives and for that I too am so thankful. Thank you for sharing a little of your heart, this is awesome! Look forward to reading more in the future!