Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tagged


This was the closest I could get... I was tagged by my friend Julie to post a picture from my photos, taking the fourth picture from the fourth folder in my pictures. I didn't have a fourth picture in the fourth or fifth folder so I had to take it from the third folder... close enough.
This photo is when Julie, Whitney and I went downtown to take our homeless friend a birthday cake. We have become quite close to our new friend LaTonya and have enjoyed getting to know her and hear her story. I have been so privileged to be a part of the homeless ministry with our singles group from OMPC. It has engaged my heart to realize the sufferings of others (whether self induced or not). And it has opened my eyes to be more compassionate to those who may not even deserve it. Because, after all, none of us deserve the compassion of Christ yet we are given it freely. We all to some degree self induce our own pain and suffering at times. So we are no better than they.
Tomorrow being Thanksgiving I am truly thankful for the homeless ministry and the lives that it touches even though we may not think so at the time. We are required to be the hands and feet of Jesus and I am glad this is one way we can do that.
So, now that I have been tagged... I'm tagging Robin, Emalee, Penny and Leilani. Come on... don't let me down! :)

4 comments:

Emalee said...

go check by blog. . .

Emalee said...

i meant MY blog. ugh. have a great Thanksgiving!!

Leilani said...

I didn't let you down Whan. Check my blog.

Much love Shmores! Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Come on! I'm at work...don't even have a picture folder...and you know I don't get online except at work...if I was going to post a pic, it'd be of me and you at your apt in Vegas...cooking kebabs with Alicia, vic and Jeremey...that seems ages ago! I miss you, toots!

Mrs. Peabody.