Friday, July 11, 2008

Extraordinary

Interesting that, today, I found this. I wrote it a few months ago. Good to know that God uses my own writing to remind me of how much he loves me.

May 27, 2008
Living in a land of ordinaries is no home for me. It may sound trite or arrogant, but God has made me extraordinary. I know this because I have experienced his love for me. Over and over again he pours out his grace...sometimes I believe and receive. Other times I turn my back and walk away. But, always, there in the same place stands a God that believes I am extraordinary. He calls through the wind or a word or a song. And when I have ears to hear it is a soothing stream of water that washes over my dry soul. My soul longs for a distant land. One that is so unfamiliar yet it feels like home. My heart yearns for a fatherless people to share the depths of God’s faithfulness, love and grace. I am extraordinary because he has made me extraordinary.
Father, use me. I am yours. Here am I...send me. I know the pains and the hurts of this broken world. This world was never meant for ordinary fathers to leave extraordinary children. In your name let me be a light to the forgotten, a hope for the weary and love to the broken hearted. Here am I...send me.

No comments: