Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good Ole John

I just wrote a blog about this past Sunday, but erased it...don't know that it made much sense about what's going on in my head right now.

I was just listening to Jill Philips and then it changed to John Denver...which brings a bitter-sweet feeling. It brings back one of the very few memories I have of my parents being together...driving up Hwy 31, near brookwood, in the wood paneled station wagon listening to his greatest hits on the 8 track. It's not that I miss that...it's just that I hate that is one of the very few memories I have of them being together in the same space. When I say few...I literally mean two. And that makes me sad. But listening to John Denver also soothes my soul in some way. I remember during a lot of very bad days in high school I would curl up on my bed in my room and listen to him all afternoon. Listening to music was one of the ways I made it through those days.

There is so much more to the thoughts in my head behind John Denver, but in fear that I might say something that I regret...I will go to bed. I have no idea how many people read this blog ( I really think it's only a handful). But, just in case...I'm going to stop there.

Side note...Today more than any day being home from Uganda do I miss little Daniel sitting in my lap, watching him sleep, feeling his chest rise and fall...wow, I'm just making myself sad. I'm going to bed. Good night.

No comments: