Monday, July 7, 2008

"I'm fine"

If you've never heard an African child answer "I'm fine" to the question of "how are you?" you have missed one of the greatest sounds in the world.
We got home from Uganda tonight...flew in about an hour ago. I have taken a shower and I'm lying in my bed trying to get my feet to unswell(don't think that's a word, but I'm using it). It is amazing to me that 30 hours ago Julie and I were lying on our beds in Africa waiting eagerly to go home. Now that I am home...I'm not sure what to think. And when I do think, tears fill my eyes...so, for now I'm going to bed. And as I do I am thinking of Daniel's sweet voice saying "I'm fine" to anything you ask him. Also, remembering the verse God showed Julie and I several times over the past 11 days...and I have now memorized...

"But this I call to mind and therefore I have hope. The steadfast love of the Lord is never ceasing. His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in him. The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."
Lamentations 3:21-26

1 comment:

Julie A. said...

AWWWW! Thanks for the memories.