Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jet lag

I woke up at 3 this morning not being able to sleep. It's now 4:09. I need to get up and go to work, but I am NOT looking forward to it! Is it Sunday yet!?!

Yesterday was our first full day back from Uganda. I felt great when I woke up at 9 am and then about an hour later I hit a wall. I went and had coffee with a friend and told her a little about the trip. Then went to my mom's and sat with her for a bit. Whenever I started to say something...tears began to fill my eyes, so I had to stop talking.

Julie and I,both being exhausted and understanding what the other was going through, went to have lunch at Taziki's because we had been craving it so much over the past few days. Since the food in Uganda was not good...AT ALL...we couldn't eat much. I think our stomachs have shrunk! Our eyes are definitely bigger than our stomachs! Then we had mani's and pedi's to get rid of the ever present African dirt...nasty. So, it's good to be clean!

Okay...well, I could write more, but I'm stalling from getting up and going to work. It's good to be home. But, I miss Daniel in mine or Julie's lap and being able to watch him sleep. I want an African child!!!!

Now...back to reality. I guess I'm dealing with jet lag here. .. exhausted but can't sleep. ARG!

No comments: